Superyacht construction has grown significantly and steadily over the past 12 years, and the number of these superb vessels cruising the world's oceans has never been greater. When seeking a home base, location is a critical consideration for superyacht owners. Finding berths designed to meet the unique requirements of these yachts is extremely difficult, particularly in the British Virgin Islands where no facility currently exists.
But this has changed with the arrival of the Yacht Club Costa Smeralda Marina.
With the addition of the YCCS Marina, the British Virgin Islands now offers a world-class marina that is ideally suited as a home-base for super-yachts.
Designed to Be the Best and Environmentally Conscious
A carefully selected team of professionals have been hired to create the YCCS Marina.
- Applied Technology and Management (ATM), is the premier provider of specialized full-service marina consultancy since 1984 and provides the engineering, planning and consulting services.
- Bellingham Marine, which claims the title of "the world's most comprehensive marine builder" is providing design and construction services.
- OBM International, a global leader in architectural design and consulting is providing architectural design services.
Highlights of the marina include:
- A naturally deep location capable of handling yachts up to 88 meters (300 feet), with a draft of up to 9.1 meters (30 feet).
- Protection from prevailing winds, ocean swells and surges.
The dock features:
- Total dockage measuring 762 meters (2,500 feet). The design includes a central T-shaped dock, measuring 267 meters (875 feet) that is accessible from both sides.
- An eco-friendly floating dock with .91 meter (36 inches) of freeboard.
- Reliable utility services that exceed industry standards, including:
- High-capacity shore power
- Reverse Osmosis (RO) potable water
- Marine sewage pump-out at every berth
- Wi-Fi Communications
- Fire suppression